new hobby! Loving this one.

General hang out to post about our lives!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

new hobby! Loving this one.

Post by Mike Casey »

The past couple months we have really gotten into shooting. We are having a blast. The only downside is we live in California, which means, long wait times, restrictions and no real fun guns! But we are making due.

Pics of steve at the shooting range yesterday squeezing some off.

We are slowly growing our collection.
Attachments
steve.JPG
steve1.JPG
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: new hobby! Loving this one.

Post by Mike Casey »

We have been looking to get into it for the past couple years. The main reason was to get my son away from the video games. The other reason is for protection.

Julie and myself have gone to a full day gun safety course and that was a ton of help and fun. Of course we also passed the california hand gun safety test... which is a complete joke. We are still learning safety and practice it every time we pick up a firearm. The whole family is involved. Julie, steve, alyssa and myself. We have a few more guns comming, but it makes California nervouse to let you have too many at once, so it is a very long wait. I finally get to pick up my baretta 92fs next tuesday. Had to wait 40 days on that one... Alyssa is really excited about that one.
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

2mm Pin Fire Austrian-Made Derringer. Approx. Quarter Scale.
Attachments
2mm 002.jpg
2mm 004.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

But how is the stopping power on that guy? LOL!!! That is one sweeeeeet little machine.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

love that one.

Just scored a nice S&W MP 15 last night. Can pic it up in 10 days. While i was there they actually had a gun i have been looking high and low for! It came in as a special order for a customer and they let me look at it. Even nicer in persion then i imagined. Its a springfield 1911 loaded operater 45acp. I am going in this weekend to get my deposit down on one and start the wait.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Mike,
Just by coincidence....
Here is a very recent story from a local Sydney newspaper that started a torrent of complaints from all sections of the media and the dogooders. We are developing into a "nanny state"....even slingshots are illegal down here!
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... BDPCeTx2Qw
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

wow, i thought california was bad... I guess i should feel lucky.

Are fire arms taboo there?

Although they are legal in california, a lot of our population does not approve of them. They are always trying to pass new laws to make it harder and harder to purchase guns. It just keeps them out of the hands of good guys. Because bad guys will always find a way to get one. NO matter the law.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

"It just keeps them out of the hands of good guys. Because bad guys will always find a way to get one. NO matter the law."
CORRECT!
Firearms can be purchased if one qualifies for a licence.
I have an affinity with guns as my late uncle was a crack rifle shot. Back in the 1960s, using an Enfield?? single shot competition 303 rifle, he shot 58 consecutive inner bulls over a distance of 600 yards. That was some sort of International record in it's day! I marked targets in my teen years and at that distance it's hard enough to see the target, let alone the centre.... :wink:
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

WOW!!

Well... i can shoot a can from 10ft away with my 357 magnum... LOL :)
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Mate,
You'll have to upgrade to a .44 Magnum.
Then you call the can.. PUNK... before you shoot it.. :lol:
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

i will tell this to julie. I can always use an excuse to go to the gun store again!!!! :)
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

vwguru75 wrote:Addict.

I am... tomorrow i am going in to put a deposit on the springfield operator so i can get my name on one.

When i was at the gun store last night, the one they showed me, the guy just ordered it a couple weeks ago and this one popped up for him. lucky, lucky guy! So i figure i should do it, hopefully i will have some luck too, but i get my baretta tuesday and cant do another background check for 30 days after that. But it could be up to 6 months before one of thes guns is available....

see pic
Attachments
SAOperatorTargetLg.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Got my name in on saturday for one of these. I have my fingers crossed that the guy trying to buy one at that store turns out to be a fellon so i can have it :) LOL.

Anyway, we got the baretta due in tomorrow. already have a classy set of wood grips for it, just need the gun... Weds night we are going to hit the range with it. But gotta clean it first tomorrow night.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

It was kinda scary at first. But really its about common sence. Its only dangerouse when its loaded. number one rule. treat every gun as its loaded at all times. My whole family has gone through safety training and we go over safety every time on the way to the shooting range. Guns ONLY get loaded at the range and when you are about to shoot. Nobody is allowed to use a gun until they are 100% familiar with it and its operation.

Really as long as you do those things, they are as harmless as a sauce pan, of course unless the sauce pan has hot boiling sauce in it.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

yea, well, lucky me being in california... you can not carry loaded. you cant even have a magazine loaded in your car. All fire arms need to be in a locked container, no matter how crappy the container. And, you can not transport guns around unless its to a range, gunsmith, from the gun store, or moving them to another location. Another words, you cant keep a gun in the trunk for emergency.