new hobby! Loving this one.

General hang out to post about our lives!
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Re: new hobby! Loving this one.

Post by Venomusss »

MRS QSL wrote:
vwguru75 wrote:Julie in another 30 days............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APv0U_Xa ... ure=fvwrel
I'm impressed. Not only is that a giant firearm, but the woman didn't hit herself in the head with it. I'm thinking there might be a slight difference in recoil between that beast and a .22LR. Hardly noticeable, right? :lol:

What do you think of the Springfield Armory 1911 in 9mm? It seems there is a lot of debate about 9mm versus .45 acp.

As for the videos, I can't believe the cop shot himself in the leg. If you have taken out the magazine and looked inside, how do you shoot yourself? I can't figure out why he had his finger on the trigger. NEVER put your finger on the trigger unless you are going to fire the weapon. NEVER. NEVER. NEVER. If he's teaching gun safety, he should've known that.

I haven't actually looked it up yet, but I was told over the weekend there was an attempted home invasion robbery in Iowa. The bad guy grabbed a girl in the house, but her brother ran and got a shotgun. The noise from sliding the bolt (or whatever he did), scared the robber and he ran out. How awesome is that? I don't suppose they make a purple shotgun with very little recoil, huh?

They make pink ladies shot guns I think in 410 gauge. Also I cannot remember if the Lady Street Sweeper was in pink or just the box. I had a street Sweeper and it was fun and completely useless... :D
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

Ok, just checked ... The Lady Street Sweeper was black, just the box was pink.
Funny little weapon... Check it out.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?p=3417515
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

Wow! That's not purple, but it's pretty darn nifty.
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

vwguru75 wrote:Street sweepers were basically junk but were banned due to the fire power. The idea of a rotary magazine shotgun came into play for riot control, be it with real rounds or non-leathal rounds. That pistol is a nifty little piece but my guess is it is made like garbage.
I would agree that the street sweeper was not the highest quality firearm. But, Keep it clean and oiled and it never gave me a single problem. It was lots of fun to shoot. :D
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I like that street sweeper... looks crazy.

thanks for the tips on the shotguns. We are going to start looking at them. But what do you think could work as dual use. home protection and skeet shooting? if there is such a thing.

Lastly, i meet up with a FTF last night at the gun store and secured a Desert Eagle 50cal new in the box never used. The gun store guys were giving us odd looks since this gun is NOT on the california safety roster and VERY hard to find here. I cant express how hard it is to get one. Especially in 50. Mostly they are 44 mags that someone converted. Cant wait to get her in 10 days...
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I know, but its gonna just be the gun to finish off the day at the shooting range with. Kinda like the grand finale!
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

QSL wrote:I know, but its gonna just be the gun to finish off the day at the shooting range with. Kinda like the grand finale!
That's some heavy metal to be holding up at the end of the day...lol
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

your telling me?! Dang, i saw it in person for the first time yesterday. This gun is HUGE! I mean stupid huge. When i saw the guy walk into the shop with what almost looked like a mini rifle case... i knew i was going to be happy :) LOL. Gotta have fun ones like that or life is just too boring.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

that browning high power is really sweet. Keep checking that one out.

Here is a shot of the DE. I dont have it in my possesion yet since there is a 10 day cooling down period... :) But soon, yes, soon it will be all mine!
Attachments
de.JPG
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

LOL!!!!!!! That's really funny.

I had the pleasure of seeing a 12 gauge shotgun up close and personal over the weekend. Yes, it has a lot of kick. I didn't shoot it, but Mike did. Ummmmm...don't want one. I could see maybe a 20 gauge, but I'm too dainty to handle the 12.
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

Why can't law-abiding citizens carry firearms in CA? Doesn't the 2nd Amendment to the Constitiution of The United States of America Guarantee this to all USA Citizens? Even CA residents?

I recall live TV coverage of truck driver, Reginald Denny getting pulled out of his truck and having his skull caved in by a brick thrown by a group of 'disenfrancheised youths' after the police officers, charged with the beating of Rodney King, were aquitted.

I guess in CA, law-abiding citizens need to weigh the monetary fine for carrying illegally vs. the ability to protect one's life.

One wrong turn, may turn really bad...really quick...911 is 20 minutes away...
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

But....if you are going to bring a knife to a knife fight, bring a real big one.... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

you can carry, but you need to have a CCW permit in every county you plan on having it in. Fortunately, our county is easy to get one, but other leftwinger areas, its near impossible.

Oh yea, dont know if you heard but that scum bag rodney king was arrested... yet again just receintly .
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

This is what i call "Packing lunch"

LOL :lol:
Attachments
guns.JPG
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

just for comparison. Here is a spent shell from the desert eagle next to a 9mm round. Ohhhh yea!
Attachments
50r00001.jpg