New Era Chain Drive photo

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Gadawgsred

New Era Chain Drive photo

Post by Gadawgsred »

I wanted to post a photo of my New Era Grand National car. It is a rolling chassis right now. Mint! Just put some new tires on thanks to Todd at BRP. Wheels are aluminum powdercoated in gloss black. I still need to mount the motor and throttle servo, as well as the gas tank. The motor doesn't have an exhaust, just a plain square muffler. Any suggestions?
Let me know what you all think of it.
Take care,
Chris
***Any suggestions on posting photos? I can't get any of my photos small enough to fit? It keeps saying I am over the max size. I reduced the quality and size of this one 3 times to get it accepted. Thanks guys!
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Thats a good looking car. Do you know the year?
Gadawgsred

Post by Gadawgsred »

I am not sure of the year. I contacted New Era and they were no help. I know that the chain drive cars were discontinued years ago. It has a serial number on it. "A2031".
I am guessing late 80's, early 90's? I have no idea though. If anyone has any idea, let me know.
Thanks!
Chris
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Yea, I have an old chain drive car too. The one you have looks alot different than mine. I think mine is REALLY old. New Era is NO help when it comes to 1/4 scales. The woman I talked to said they are contracted by the government to build cars but cannot sell them to the public. What really sucks about that is they are killing the hobbiest who otherwise would buy something like the offroad trucks and the monster truck. Plus the rear ends. Any way maybe someone can tell you more about the car sometime.
Good luck
first25q

Post by first25q »

Hi guys My New Era chain drive has a serial number of A1183.
Not sure of the date that i bought it.
My front a-arms bolt on a little different.
I have a formed steel bracket that bolts to the upper and lower frame rails.
The shock mounts to the bracket as well.
Here is a pic of my new frame.
Soon as i take pics of it all together i will post them.
AS i am building two more cars.
A Sprint Car tube frame and a Preditor sprint style with down tube and torsion bar set up.
I am looking for the pics of my New Era.Not sure which computer they are on.
ED