Hi from Mexico

If you are a new member, introduce yourself here.
Fandeli

Hi from Mexico

Post by Fandeli »

Hi. My name is Fred and first off I want to thank :D the people at Quarterscalelegends and let you know how much I appreciate that you have accepted me onto your site so that now I will be able to be a participating member. I have been a guest “lurker” for the past few years, enjoying the contents of Quarterscalelegends and its forums.

I have been a “modeler” for the past 50 years and have touched on many of the facets within this playing field (no pun intended). The beginning and for many years was the building and flying of all kinds of airplanes: free flight, line control, radio control, etc.

Then cars.
My first car was a Cox .049 Ford GT run on a straight line or tethered, being the climax of this initiation when my parents gave me the guided race track so that I could race head to head with my friends (2) who also had cars, Later on slot cars and then small electrics appeared and I delved into them for a while and then some more after some years had gone by and they had matured some more. As always I continued with planes and then built my first gas powered RC boat.
A way way back I was able to acquire my first ¼ scale and later on I was given two more. Unfortunately it was only a dear friend and I (who was the one who gave them to me) who would get together to enjoy them, mostly to look and ogle at as we were also heavily involved in other aspects of the hobby world.
I have built plugs and molds of a very few old classic bodies for people who have asked me to do so and built my own full size working mini van in fiberglass, plug and all, this also many years ago. (how time runs, or is it flies?) before mini vans existed
I continue to this day, almost every day, building airplanes and all kids of model boats and ships, small and large, static, electric and steam powered. One of the car plugs was done just a year or so ago, 1/8 scale.
This all encompassing hobby is a passion that has taught me so many aspects about materials, tools, patience, perseverance and the possibility of the creation of things, how they work and the joy of seeing them perform. Most important have been the friends I have made by us sharing our experiences.
This is a brief (not so brief) semblance of a part of myself that I hope you all have enjoyed.

Build on, roar on and enjoy.

Respectfully,

Frederic