Sad day in America....

General hang out to post about our lives!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Sad day in America....

Post by Mike Casey »

Today is a complete shock. Nobody even knows what happened... But some how Obama was able to take office for another term, despite the increased unemployment rate, higher taxes, businesses being punished and lets not forget the little incident in libya.

On top of that, the state of california has decided to...

-Increase the sales and income tax.
-Let the teachers union be the largest influence in our laws
-Take it easier on career criminals.
-Tax small businesses to fund green energy businesses.

Good luck everyone and stay safe out there. The best advise i can give is to keep as much cash out of the banks and stock up on guns and ammo.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Re: Sad day in America....

Post by c103110 »

Mike, you forgot about California's High Speed Bullet Train to nowhere barrel of porkulous! Who's going to foot the bill to run that system when the Feds eventually leave in a decade or two of cost overruns? Do you have a mirror anywhere handy?

Here's my favorite BHO quote of many to choose from - and many to come:
July 13, 2012 “If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”
– Barack Obama, Roanoke, Va.

Here's my favorite AP quote from this morning:
Nov. 7, 2012 - NASHVILLE (AP) — "Tennessee Republicans secured a supermajority in both chambers of the Legislature in Tuesday's election, the first time that has happened since Reconstruction.

The GOP claimed at least two seats necessary in both chambers to gain the supermajority. The margins are now 24-9 in the Senate and 67-24 in the House, with one independent."

TN is OPEN for business! Low taxes, right to work, centrally located in US, highway (I-75N, I-40W), rail service and river access.

I wish I had moved here 30 years ago.

I'm thinking that Cobra needs to go within the next year (noise, global warming, fuel consumption, etc...)
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

I fear we have turned a corner, one I hoped we would never turn. There are now more uneducated self-interested minority group voters than there are clear-thinking responsible individuals. You can't explain things to them, words have a different meaning; besides, they don't want to know. Once more than half the people realize they can use the ballot as a weapon to take money from people who earned it and give to themselves, it's over. I am afraid that has happened. Romney won all the intelligent voters. It wasn't enough. There will be no more shining city on a hill; we'd better get used to it.

Rick F
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

FuNkY mOnK wrote: this is as far as I go with politics, I have my own f#$king problems.
Well your problems are going to get worse. Atleast you have a exit plan.

What has Obama done so far...

-Obama care. (subsidised by the tax payers, with the potential to put private care out of business)
-Cash for clunkers. (enough said)
-Automotive Bailout
-Bank bailout
-Libya scandal (lies, lies, lies, and american citizens paid the ultimate price because he was afraid to stand up)
-Highest unemployment.
-Highest gas prices.
-Highest food prices.
-Largest deficit in history.
-Killed osama?!? Hmmm, well, dont know about that. Seems odd that they can release pictures of everyone else killed in the raid but when it comes to osama... they dont want to disrespect the race?
-many, many, many more blunders that i just dont have time to type before work.

So with this track record i can see why any american would rush out to vote for him so we can see what great hope and change he can bring the next 4 years. YAY!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

c103110 wrote:Mike, you forgot about California's High Speed Bullet Train to nowhere barrel of porkulous!

That was the point i realized that California voters are the most retarded idiots in the world. This state sucks.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

vwguru75 wrote:Mike buddy..........you should have started prepping a long time ago.

Better late than never though! :wink:

I am making up for it now. My goal is to secure some surface to air protection for the black helicopters when they come too. :) No really... not kidding.
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Reality triumphed over misinformation, simply.

http://technorati.com/politics/article/ ... -gop-lost/
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Mike, your left wing craziness always brings a smile to my face good friend :)

Guys its much simpler than what those articles read. The reason that Obama won is that the country was simply misinformed. Not picking on you Funk, but you are the majority in this country. No real big interest in politics, so you get most of your information from sound bites you hear on the radio, see on the tv or on billboards and unfortunately that’s just propaganda.

One of the things that Obama ranted about Romney was that he is paying much less in taxes than a “working” American. What killed me is that Romney never took to the time to explain, “YES” I do only pay 15%, but my primary income is CAPITAL GAINS. That means he already paid taxes on that money when he MADE it. He then took that money an invested it into a company to generate jobs and even more taxes for the government. What he makes on that INVESTMENT, he pays 15% tax on. These are the types of things that make the economy grow. Not government funded construction projects that are short term. How appealing would it be for you to invest your hard earned cash on something that is a gamble just to be taxes 40% on that investment??? I don’t think we would have as many people taking risks out there.

Obama states that Romney has a record for outsourcing jobs to china. Ok, true. He ran some VERY successful businesses. The fact of the matter is manufacturing in China is 70-90% lower than the USA. If you ran a company and refused to make product in china (where your competitors are already making their goods) just so you could say “made in the usa” But at a premium of 70-90% higher, your company would go under. Then Obama would be playing on the fact that you destroyed the company you worked at and because of that you lost thousands of jobs. President of a company and President of the USA are two different jobs. Don’t be fooled. As president of the USA Romney was not going to outsource anything. It was his job to do so as a president of a company.

Obama wants higher education for everyone… Ok, cool idea. But has the thought ever crossed his mind that perhaps EVERYONE does not need to go to college? Simply put there are a ton of morons out there that are only qualified to work at McDonalds. After a college education, they will still only be qualified to work at McDonalds. The only difference with Obamas plan is that now the taxpayers have paid for that 4yr vacation, put off this person from getting their job at McDonalds hence reducing the amount of tax that individual pays in tax over a lifetime.

Obama care… well the hard truth is this. Its subsidized healthcare paid for the taxpayers. Do you think that the government can run anything better than the private sector? Here is the scenario. Obama care goes into effect. I own a business. For a family of 3 Obama care cost $400 a month. BUT it costs $750 a month from just about every private care provider. Well why is the Obama care only $400 then you ask. It’s because as taxpayers you are now paying the other $350 per month!!!!! Maybe even more since the government has a track record of overspending and not coming in on budget for ONE thing. Now, as a business owner… I am being taxed to hell with the new taxes. Taxes for Obama care, taxes so they can give green energy companies money, taxes because I am evil because I made enough money last year to feed my family. So what do you think I am going to pick at the end of the day. Premium PPO private care for my employees or a reduced DMV style of healthcare that I am already paying for on the back end in taxes? Funk, you should appreciate this… Ever wonder how the hell the post office can deliver something to someone’s home for 45cents?!?! Why can’t UPS do that? It’s not because the government is super-efficient and they have nailed the costs down, its because the subsidize the post office! They lose money on every single transaction and you are paying for this! This is what will happen with healthcare… and on top of that it WILL put some private care companies out of business.

With all the issues aside, when it comes to voting there is only TWO issues that should come to mind. It should be the two MAJOR factors in your decision. Taxes. They never go away. The democrats will keep taxing the hell out of you. For the most part, republicans try to reduce taxes. Secondly is big government. Do you think the government should be in charge of every aspect of your life? Or do you believe in freedom?

Keep in mind, Obama does want to take your money and give it to the poor. You think your ok? Because you think you are middle class? Well your wrong, they don’t classify you as middle class, you are considered rich. They consider middle class to be people that are actually in the poverty level that are not paying a dime in taxes and are actually getting a $2500 refund at the end of the year if they have children… which by the way, you paid for.

Like I said, people were misinformed. Romney did a great job this time around, but the republicans need to realize that the people they are talking to don’t care about politics or are just not smart enough to understand them.

I will leave you all with this very easy to understand scenario…

You have a group project in your class. You have a group of four that need to complete a certain project. Its due in 3 weeks. You bust your butt, working late every night including the weekends. You can’t go to the movies with your friends because you need to finish this project. You can’t watch TV at nights with your family because you need to finish this project…

The three weeks are up and you just barely finished what you feel is an A+ job on your portion of the project and go to class. Two of your group member brought in their portion of the project and it looks great. The fourth member of your group shows up to class late. You all rush up to them to get their portion of the project and they tell you “Oh, Uhmmm, yea, I forgot to do it. I did not have enough time.” So now you have an incomplete project turned into the teacher. Each member in your group gets a “C” for a grade. Not such a great deal for the three students that worked late nights and weekends… But sure seems like a good deal for the student that did not do a minute of work…

If you think that’s a fair deal, well you are a democrat. But if you think that you deserve an “A” for your work… well you are probably a republican.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

So do you stay clear of Democrats? Over the past four years Obama has given us the highest tax rates, highest gas prices, highest unemployment, and The Libya terrorism cover-up.

Don't forget that Bush Junior was served the largest catastrophe this country has ever seen. I think he did a pretty good job with what he had to work with. At least he did not blame the attacks on a YouTube video.
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

Bush did a lot of stuff I didn’t like either: spending, immigration; not a small government guy. But at least he had respect for traditional American values and a love of this country. He’s done a lot behind the scenes, welcoming troops, visiting hospitals. And he has not called attention to himself. But it’s not my point to defend Bush – my point is, almost all of the stuff on the Democrats’ agenda is NONE OF THE GOVERNMENT’S BUSINESS.

They want to control everyone’s life, and they aggressively strive to take money from people who have earned it and give it to those who have not, to curry favor and increase their power. The inevitable result of this is fewer people willing to work and earn money, and more people on the dole. It is not a prescription for economic growth and further, it is immoral. Does anyone believe the government can do a more efficient job of anything than the private sector? The government’s job is to provide for the national defense, maintain a minimum interstate infrastructure (Postal Service, roads), administer a limited system of justice and foster a climate favorable to trade. That’s it. It is not the government’s job to provide your health care. It is not the government’s job to provide your income. It is not the government’s job to provide for your education or food. Those things are your job. The government works for us, not the other way round, and it is here to protect our opportunity to provide for ourselves. It is not here to provide for us.
The founders knew the natural tendency of governments is to continually expand their power, and they wrote the constitution to specifically restrict this. The primary purpose of the constitution is to restrict the power of the federal government and push those powers down to the states and ultimately the individual. Do a search on ‘enumeration of powers’ - you will see the constitution spells out what the government can do, and says basically “if it’s not on this list, you can’t do it”. There is nothing there about health care, food stamps, education. That is all an unconstitutional overreach by the federal government, and is specifically reserved to the states and local governments WHERE IT IS MOST EFFECTIVELY DONE. And if you don’t like the way your state does things, you can move to a different one. But if you let the federal government do those things, not only are they done extremely poorly and inefficiently, but if you don’t like it, you have nowhere to go but to another country.

I am now afraid there are not enough people left in the country who are engaged enough or smart enough to understand this. They want the government to be Santa Claus instead of becoming Santa Claus themselves. We are not likely to get a better candidate than Romney: he is decent, intelligent, successful, articulate, and understands the foregoing. He presented the arguments to the country, but there aren’t enough voters who understand, or care about what he was talking about. The majority just want their Obama phones and government cheese. I don’t see how it is ever going to come back, because the Democrats’ agenda is to keep the population dumb, dependent and concerned only about what’s in it for them. Too bad they can’t see that free enterprise is REALLY what’s best for them.

I am operations VP in my company. Yesterday I had to think about how to make sure the number of our full time employees does not exceed 50 (to avoid more burdensome government regulation). Hundreds of thousands of other businessmen were doing the same thing. Does this sound like a prescription for growth? It will mean fewer jobs, poorer jobs, and fewer startups. Many existing companies will shrink or close. I don’t care about Obama, he will be gone in a few years. What has got me depressed is that the population who voted for his vision of overreaching government is still going to be here, and it will be larger. God help us

Cheers
Rick F
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

FuNkY mOnK wrote:Still don't have an answer as to what bush accomplished and what Romney was going to bring to make my life much easier? Let's get off Obama for a second. Just for the record I don't own a Rolex.
That’s the problem funky. Its not the job of the government to make your life easier. Their job is to bring us basic services. FDA, police, fire, roads, etc. If you are looking for someone to give you free stuff. Obama might be the right candidate... BUT if you have a job and own your home, dont be confused. You are considered as "wealthy" in his eyes and chances are, his free programs will not apply for you.

Again, Romney ran on "small government". That means that he felt that he needed to stay the F out of your business. He was really for less federal level goverment which would have been a real fresh breath of air.

If you need to ask what Bush accomplished... Well, that’s a shame.
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

Funk, with the greatest respect for you, Mike said what I was gonna say: It's not any President's job to make you happy - that's your job. Since Bush isn't running for anything, let's leave him out of it. To your question:

Romney said he would take steps to disable Obamacare on his first day. If he didn't do anything else, that alone would be a huge step toward better healthcare and a better business climate. He also said he would take steps to reduce the burden of government regulation on business. You probably don't encounter this in your daily work, but in my business, I am the guy who has to deal with it, and it is just unbelievable (and getting worse at an increasing rate). I can tell you that well over half my time is spent on unproductive government nonsense.

Another thing Romney said he would do is evaluate every government program by asking himself if it is worth borrowing money from China to fund the program. I shouted "yes!" when I heard him say this, because that is exactly what has to happen. We have to reduce the debt by cutting spending - it is not possible to raise taxes enough to wipe it out. We could tax everyone at 100% and it still wouldn't wipe it out, we have to cut spending drastically. And if we did raise taxes a huge amount, we could only collect the money once, because all the productive earners and investors would be outta here - then where will the money to fund all this come from? We have to get the government out of all these programs that are none of its business. NPR, though a drop in the bucket, is a good example. Is it nice to have? Sure, but it is not the job of government. It's not worth borrowing money from China to pay for.

The per-capita public debt of the US exceeds that of Greece. You may have heard what Greece is going through. Romney would have done something about it. Obama will only make it worse.

But the greatest argument for small government as advocated by Romney is that big government is inefficient at best, and immoral at least. Can we agree that no man should be forced to serve another man? By taking money from those who earned it (by taxes, at the point of a gun if necessary) and giving it to those who did not, government is forcing one man to serve another man. Charity is a a wonderful thing and we should have lots of it - but it is not the role of government.

Sorry for the screed, but you asked... I encourage you to read "The Conscience of a Conservative" by Barry Goldwater. It's a small book, an easy read. See if it doesn't make a lot of sense to you.

Somebody please post some interesting stuff in some of the other topics - I want to get my mind off the election!

Cheers
Rick F
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I am really impressed by a few of these comments. Thanks a lot guys!

I was too very proud to hear "if it is worth borrowing money from China to fund the program" this was the most powerful statement made during the debates. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that believe YES! it is worth borrowing money from china so we can give handouts to people that just dont feel like going to work today.

I am going to go cuddle up with a gun and let it wisper to me "everything is going to be OK."