Sad day in America....

General hang out to post about our lives!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Sad day in America....

Post by Mike Casey »

How will my life personally change?

-Supreme court has two justices due to retire this term. Obama will appoint new ones. Since he is on a rampage to ban firearms and ammo. Many believe our second amendment will be challenged. Obama believes that one should not be allowed to defend their home with a firearm. Because of this, firearm sales have skyrocketed. I don’t think they will take our guns away, but they certainly make it so you can no longer purchase them or ammo. I personally like guns and ammo and believe it is our right to have them. Besides, i firmly believe that the day will come when we will need them... just to survive.

-My PERSONAL tax rate has gone through the roof. Many tax deductions were taken away. I claim ZERO dependents and still have to pay at the end of the year. We are not allowed to take child credits because we are "wealthy" even though we would be considered middle class in southern California. It’s no joke when you find 38% of your paycheck is going to pay for freebies for people that don’t work, yet have 6 kids, People that are on disability because they are stressed, paying for medical / schooling for the millions of illegal immigrants, etc.

-I have been paying the most I have ever paid for gasoline. Until recently I have been paying about $4.99 per gallon. I only expect this to get worse since Obama is not allowing ANY drilling on public land and he is pushing green energy that simply just does not exist.

-My BUSINESS tax rate has gone through the roof. With the "rich" tax rate and Obama care punishment we have actually lowered our benefits to employees and put on a hire freeze requiring our current employees to produce 20% more today than they did 5 years ago.

-We are small business, but unfortunately Obama looks at us a greedy "rich" business. You see, to be a small business you need to make less than 250k per year in his eyes. Sorry, but if you’re not making over 250k a year with your business... it’s not a business, its a hobby. Small businesses make 500k - 10M per year. Of course that is before they take their fair share which I may add is much more than my share. Small businesses create jobs that pay taxes and hopefully they grow into large businesses.

-Workman’s comp and unemployment rates have gone through the roof. This is something if don’t think employees understand. They see your company making money. What they dont see are the many costs associated to doing business. The government finds some great ways to take almost every last dime from you.

-The dream act... Again taking money directly out of my pocket and for that matter yours.

-We were punished for buying a home at the peak on a traditional 30yr loan. We made the mistake of making our payments and we still do today. Unfortunately, If you bought a 800k home and were only making $9.00 an hour, you were rewarded with special refinancing, reduced principle loans and bailout funds. Instead, I am sitting here paying twice as much as any of my neighbors. I am also paying twice as much on property tax. All because i did everything the "right" way.

Honestly I could fill the next five pages with this stuff… But I will now move onto the stuff that flat out scares the crap out of me but does not only affect me directly.

-Decreasing military
-Highest deficit EVER! With more plans to spend, spend, spend. I hope your kids and my kids get good paying jobs so they can afford the 70% tax rate that its going to take to pay down this debt.
-Decreased nuclear program. Currently reduced to 1500 missiles with a goal of only 300. Do the math… do some research and see how many our friends have… This alone should cause some major concern. Add this to the Obama/Russia scandal…
-Highest unemployment since 1936.
-Benghazi terrorist attack… This is probably the scariest case against Obama. He was informed beforehand of problems there. On 9/11 the embassy was attacked. CIA agents requested help and were denied. Obama knew of the situation almost immediately and refused help. CIA agents were killed as well as the ambassador. Obama knew that night it was a TERRORIST ATTACK, yet decided to blame it on a YouTube video to try and cover it up in fear this would ruin the election for him. People died that day because we have someone at the wheel that does not care one bit about defending our country. He supports the countries that hate us, bows down to them and apologizes for the USA. What will he do when we are attacked on our soil? Appoligize some more?!?
-Obama has allowed Pakistan to develop a nuclear weapon.

So now that I have given some answers, can someone please tell me ONE good thing Obama has DONE??? Just one, not even looking for a list.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

I can't add much to what Mike said except to mention healthcare. Costs are going to increase and the quality of care is going to decrease dramatically, right when I need it most (I am 63). Doctors are going to leave the profession but the number of patients on Medicaid will go up. Look for delays of months to receive treatment - if you receive treatment at all. If you're old and need surgery you will be less likely to get it; if you're lucky you might get a pill.

Also the value of my savings is going to be greatly diminished by inflation if not an outright crash. This is a hidden tax caused by "quantitative easing", of which we're about to get another round. They simply add zeroes to the balance sheet; it can't fail to be a disaster for people who have worked and saved to take care of themselves. Obama knows this. The Democrats want it to happen because it will make us dependent on the government like those who did not save. But there will be face fewer wealthy people to tax to support the government programs.

I plan to invest heavily in bourbon.

Cheers
Rick F
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

But what has Obama done to stop them over the past four years. His excuse is "they dont even have a way to deliver the weapon". The last four years they have gone into overdrive with the program.
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

At the risk of losing any status I have here, Funky you are a maroon.Eh Whats up doc?
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

7/9/2010 Chief Political Correspondent Washington Examiner: Lawmakers across Capitol Hill, both Democrats and Republicans, were surprised to learn recently that the Obama administration has made reaching out to Muslim nations a top priority for the space agency NASA. They will probably be more surprised to learn that administration officials told the Middle East news organization Al Jazeera about it before they told Congress.

7/27/2010 – President Obama says, "there is nothing more beautiful than the Muslim call to prayer in the evening."

-FORWARD!
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

8/14/2010 AP - WASHINGTON – By PAULINE JELINEK, Associated Press Writer Pauline Jelinek, Associated Press Writer – Weighing his words carefully on a fiery political issue, President Barack Obama said Saturday that Muslims have the right to build a mosque near New York's ground zero but he did not say whether he believes it is a good idea to do so. Obama commented during a trip to Florida, where he expanded on a Friday night White House speech asserting that Muslims have the same right to freedom of religion as everyone else in America.
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

8/29/2011 9:28:49 PM ET Framingham, Mass: President Barack Obama's uncle was stopped on suspicion of drunken driving, told police he planned to arrange bail through the White House and was being held without bail on an immigration detainer, authorities said Monday.
Onyango Obama was arrested last week in Framingham, about 20 miles west of Boston, after police said he made a rolling stop through a stop sign and nearly caused a cruiser to strike his sport utility vehicle. Police said that after being booked at the police station, Obama was asked whether he wanted to make a telephone call to arrange for bail. "I think I will call the White House," he stated, according to a police report filed in Framingham District Court.
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

June 8, 2012 ABC NEWS Making the case that the areas of the U.S. economy that need help are in state and local government and construction, President Obama today said that “the private sector is doing fine.”
iggmon72
1/4 scale guru

Post by iggmon72 »

BETTER THE DEVIL YOU KNOW THAN THE DEVIL YOU DON’T KNOW: It is often preferable to choose or stay with people or things you know, despite their faults, than to risk replacing them with somebody or something new but possibly less desirable. It is better to deal with something bad you know than with something new you don’t; the new thing might be even worse. :twisted: :twisted:
iggmon72
1/4 scale guru

Post by iggmon72 »

“When there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.”
― Plato

Plato; born circa 429 BC; died 347 BC

Even then, they knew what was right!!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Funky, there are no loopholes... The "rich" pay a much higher tax rate then middle class.

The "loophole" that Obama tried to exploit was simply just capital gains tax. You and I have access to that "loophole" as well. A matter of fact one could actually argue that the blue collar has the "loophole" since their taxation on capital gains is 10% lower than someone in a higher tax bracket. Look up capital gains. IGG i am sure is very familiar with this. Its when you take your hard earned cash, that you have already paid income tax on and invest it into a company (stock). When you sell that stock, whatever you net gain is, you get taxed on at a capital gains rate. Do you think if people were getting taxed 30+% on a risky investment that they would take the chance? Without that money, it would limit the growth of these companies, reducing jobs, reducing OVERALL taxes.

Some facts...
•10% on taxable income from $0 to $17,000
•15% on taxable income over $17,000 to $69,000
•25% on taxable income over $69,000 to $139,350
•28% on taxable income over $139,350 to $212,300
•33% on taxable income over $212,300 to $379,150

where is the loophole for the "rich"

Here are some interesting charts that may help simplify... Find your family income and you will see how the government views you. This does not include state tax.

Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Bush was hit by the worst tragedy this country has ever seen, that in turn destroyed our economy, millions of jobs were lost, he LOWERED taxes, He went after a murdering dictator. Yet somehow the national debt climbed a MUCH slower rate then under Obama. What tragedy did Obama deal with? paying off banks? paying off the auto industry? investing millions in green energy companies that went out of business?

Note the PARTY, not the PRESIDENT that dictates increase in debt...

Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Anything pertaining to religion does nothing for me as myself and family are atheists.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Funky or anyone for that matter thats on the evil side... eh emmm Mike O. :) I dont hate you guys, heck when it DOES hit the fan, you guys are are welcome over to be protected by my republican empire. :) You will be forced to wear "dont blame me, i voted bush" shirts though....

8) :lol:
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

Can we all just agree that anything after the 2012 election is owned by Obama?