R.I.P. - This Forum

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Re: R.I.P. - This Forum

Post by PaulSongas »

Says the man with 3 posts at the time of my reply.....
NHRA # P582
vwguru75
1/4 scale guru

Post by vwguru75 »

Glad you're okay Wiz. Welcome back.

Oops, I wasn't supposed to post, just look. Sorry! :P
Craig's List..............eBay for people that can't spell.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Wiz

Glad to hear that you are doing better. I'm not sure what you are talking about, there is plenty of activity on QSL and the member count is growing. Please enjoy the site. Al Gibson
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

My take from past experience, some couldn't give a hoot to replying to a members humble project or a 1/4 scale that doesn't meet certain standards, what I'm trying to convey and is purely my opinion, for the most part it is a snobbish community. So unless you have something interesting to sell or show most stay in hiding, hence a non pure environment.
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Is this a ghost from the past.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

HUH? LOL

Post by Mike Casey »

Great to have you here Wiz! Cant wait to see what you contribute to the forum. Eager to see some projects too!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Post by PaulSongas »

Wiz wrote:

When a new member joins the forum and comes out with something that challenges opinions, why do the Senior, long-term members of the forum first seek to throw out a negative attacking response?
So.. You talk about us being negative, but the headline of your post is RIP- This Forum? Does it get more negative to start things off?? Looks like a cry for attention to me :lol:
NHRA # P582
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

I don't see a problem. I see post from members in every month this year. Even going back last year too. This forum is far from dead.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Dan, the answer is very, very simple. Its just that the internet does not represent everything. You can't believe everything the internet says and the internet is not the the final say. There are a LOT of people that simply don't have time to surf the net and post on forums. Especially forums that are dedicated to "toys". Do you really think that a person that can afford to pay 6-11k on a toy motor is surfing the web just say they can say they love toys? No they are working to make the money to pay for the toys. Its simply another toy in the man cave.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I am personally proud of this forum and the contribution. Its not like a full size car forum. This is a MUCH smaller crowd and a very small community. This site is the only go to site on the net for q-scale. I have met some amazing people here. However there will always be that person thats Jealous of what other people have or do. You can't escape that from any hobby.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Wiz
I love this site as many do, we all strive to further the sport and share our knowledge with these amazing cars. Please enlighten us with your the knowledge of the sport for the past 25 years. I would love for you to do a "documentary" of your life in Quarter Scale, and please share your experiences and knowledge for others to emulate. If the sport is to truly survive, it is up to the elders to pass on the knowledge. I value your knowledge and experience. Al Gibson
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

I wouldn't say senior members attack with negative replies, I'd say most don't attack at all, a negative or criticism reply would be a plus in the right direction of involvement.

To say that the internet does not "represent everything" and that "You can't believe everything the internet says and the internet is the final say" How can you even make a statement like this? As far as this hobby of 1/4 scale goes, It is all of us here who put this information out there through our collections, projects, knowledge and experience. Unless we have lire's in the forums ( which would be impossible to go undetected) I'd say our community represents everything to be believed, so take credit for that guys.

At one point things recycle themselves and you need to ride the bumpy road until they do or there will be nothing left to recycle. Give a penny take a penny. Just my thoughts.
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

Mike Casey wrote:Dan, the answer is very, very simple. Its just that the internet does not represent everything. You can't believe everything the internet says and the internet is not the the final say. There are a LOT of people that simply don't have time to surf the net and post on forums. Especially forums that are dedicated to "toys". Do you really think that a person that can afford to pay 6-11k on a toy motor is surfing the web just say they can say they love toys? No they are working to make the money to pay for the toys. Its simply another toy in the man cave.
+1 :mrgreen:
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Correct. As everyone knows your ozzy hillbilly and he his dan. Americans are not as stupid as you guys say... Sorry.
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Re: R.I.P. - This For

Post by RcBurnout »

Been away awhile ...... Being a average contributor of this site and my own site I believe the lack of participation has a lot to do with one other major area in 1/4 scale world...... Gold I tell you...GOLD. I hopped in the 1/4 scale just when every thing was starting to turn to Gold... I have a lot of stuff that at this time could triple my money easy.... But that will never happen.. I love the cars I have and am glad I got them when I did because I wouldn't buy them now even know I can still afford them....

So I think price is one reason why new comers are scared off from this hobby...

The other is the HUGE interest in designing and building scratch built cars...these cars tend to rub the true die hard collectors the wrong way because in some ways they make the old stuff a little less valuable and brings down the over inflated price of the cars...This is just me but, these guys build them better and they are becoming more QUARTER SCALE then ever before. New and different bodies are offered and parts are becoming more available thru different sources then just the normal old stock or new old stock 1/4 scale sources that are becoming very hard to find...

So... Old verses New conflict. It's really there. But this doesn't effect newcomers as much as you legendary collectors.

SCRATCH BUILDING
I share my step by step .....how to do.... Where to get material.... And cost..... hmmmmmm......MOST DO NOT....BUT,,,,,,,,,,some have latched on to these websites to copy these scratch built projects and mfg parts for these cars for the gold.... This is who you are targeting Wiz.... The lookers... That's why we all have been water marking our scratch built stuff..

My thought on your little test...
So .... Some members can say what they want Wiz..... Some are very politically correct as yourself... But I think were all big boys and guys here... If a little trash talk discourages someone from coming back to one of the largest sources of information of 1/4 scale cars I think there just not interested in the hobby to begin with...

But...here's the bush you'll beating around......... For some not as fortunate as us....... ITS STICKER PRICE SHOCK MAN.....

I BEAT there's some folks in this hobby that cry when they see one of us buy that over priced conley motor to set on a pile of papers and can barely afford to fix the motor in their car they drive....

Imagination Feeds Creativity

Dominick