homemade jet funnycar

Post your custom large scale projects completed or not here. These are home builds. No factory or mass produced cars please.
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

homemade jet funnycar

Post by kenazzo2000 »

this is the car i built in sep it will be racing in uk hope to give you any information you ask for thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9EV_eQfd2Q
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Re: homemade jet funnycar

Post by kenazzo2000 »

on the 12th and 13th of september ill be racing with the car in uk hope all goes well
ill be using this body not the nice one

ihis one i will keep for shows
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Post by Dirty_Vinylpusher »

It's decieveing how it looks so much longer with the race body on.
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

Dirty_Vinylpusher wrote:It's decieveing how it looks so much longer with the race body on.
yes your right the body is a bit longer
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

well i had alot of bad luck when i went to uk when i got to england i tried the electronics on the car and everything was going crazy i tried to find some jr crystals but couldnt find any so i had to buy a new radio and receiver when i got to the races the engine would only rev up to 120,000 when it should be reving 160,000 my friend told me that the power is at the top end thats why i was only doing 45 mph i had to set the car with the new radio and engine then more bad luck i hadint got the setting book with me but at last today i set the car and radio up and got 160,000 full power as you can see and hear in the video it is reving and screaming my wish was always to reach the 100mph maybe now i can do it 45mph is the record for turbine cars soon ill be breaking that record for sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sya7cU9mrXs
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Hi Kennazo: This is a amazing project, the turbine sounds great. Now that you've learned a lot about turbines ....... have you considered repackaging everything into a new body shell something like the Spirit of America, or a similar land speed record car:

This would be a great project for the coming rainy winter months in Malta.

Kevin
Attachments
800px-SpiritOfAmerica_CraigBreedlove_640x480.jpg
800px-SpiritOfAmerica_CraigBreedlove_640x480.jpg (64.05 KiB) Viewed 7795 times
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

kevin wrote:Hi Kennazo: This is a amazing project, the turbine sounds great. Now that you've learned a lot about turbines ....... have you considered repackaging everything into a new body shell something like the Spirit of America, or a similar land speed record car:

This would be a great project for the coming rainy winter months in Malta.

Kevin
hi kevin ive still got alot to learn but your idea is great who know s what ill do :D
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

well his a video of the car in the uk races you can tell there is no strong push or sound only 120,000 rpm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf6-AePWABg

compare the sound in this video were it s reving 160,000 rpm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sya7cU9mrXs
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Hi Ken:

I watched / listened to both videos ...... you've just got to build a land speed record 'lookalike' car ..... and aim for doing the ton!

Kevin
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

kevin wrote:Hi Ken:

I watched / listened to both videos ...... you've just got to build a land speed record 'lookalike' car ..... and aim for doing the ton!

Kevin
yes it would be nice first i have to go over the 100mph
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

[/quote]yes it would be nice first i have to go over the 100mph[/quote]

Ken: Look at it another way .... maybe a Spirit of America type body will get you to 100 mph :)

Kevin
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

Well today we went and did some testing with the car we even did 2 doghnuts with the car . After we went to the qaurter mile track and asked if we could test the car on a day when there were no cars racing they said what car have you got i said a jet car ( at first they were laughing )they said can you start it up now i said yes so they closed the track for the real cars i did a couple of runs in the road beside the track there were about 500 people they were all claping and cheering i was shaking like hell lol then one of the guys told me to run it on the real track i said ok and i did ill be going to the races to do shows they even gave me a vip ticket and crew ticket two problems my son did not take a video at the quarter mile track and second the car is running out of range it is faster for sure they want to give it a quarter mile test so they can give me the paper strip with all of the data here s the test run in another road http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_HUwP2H544
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Ken: This is great news. All the talk about jet cars / Land Speed Record cars got me thinking and yesterday I started converting one of my 1/4 scale bikes into a LSR Streamilne bike. Here's a picture I'm using for inspiration :D

Kevin
Attachments
Inspiration
Inspiration
Bike inspiration_640x387.JPG (67.35 KiB) Viewed 7719 times
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

kevin wrote:Ken: This is great news. All the talk about jet cars / Land Speed Record cars got me thinking and yesterday I started converting one of my 1/4 scale bikes into a LSR Streamilne bike. Here's a picture I'm using for inspiration :D

Kevin
nice keep us updated hope you do it
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

i just got an email from a popular car programm on tv to make a feature about the car getting popular it might boost the sport abit more here in malta ;D