homemade jet funnycar

Post your custom large scale projects completed or not here. These are home builds. No factory or mass produced cars please.
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Re: homemade jet funnycar

Post by kenazzo2000 »

kevin wrote:
kenazzo2000 wrote:here s the run i did at the quarter mile still alot to learn and modifications to do >:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T20GOOMrGdU
Ken: What kind of terminal speed are you getting at the moment?

Kevin
what do you mean terminal speed ?
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Ken: What I mean is how fast was the car doing at the end of the run.

Kevin
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

kevin wrote:Ken: What I mean is how fast was the car doing at the end of the run.

Kevin
no clue but fast as you saw on the video i was so excited in front of all of those people that i had to ask some of them about the speed and they all said it goes very fast
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

after i do the tv show the car is going to take a new shape ive got a prafa car 1/8 and im going to lend the steering from it lol it is 100 times stronger then the one ive got at the moment i can even do it with suspension
stoneyberk
Legacy Member

Post by stoneyberk »

I think Kevin is referring to the time slip... Elapse Time.. aka:: E.T. The time slip will show as follows below..
Attachments
O.C. Timeslip.jpg
O.C. Timeslip.jpg (131.92 KiB) Viewed 5235 times
Floyd's Autobody/Service Center
Custom Graphics By Design Unlimted
http://www.quarterscaleprostreetberetta.com/
Please light a candle for our dear friend '' Buddy ''
http://buddyone.pets-memories.com/
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

stoneyberk wrote:I think Kevin is referring to the time slip... Elapse Time.. aka:: E.T. The time slip will show as follows below..
thanks is that of a real car ?
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

lol no its not . well im off to meet the tv producer for the programm paqpaq to see when we will be taking a film of the car and so on i have bought new wheels new tyres and will be changing the steering system completly but after the film is taken then i will add the smoker and build a trailer for the car >:D
troppo

Post by troppo »

You do realise that if you build a trailer for it that your going to HAVE to build a tow vehicle.
Then you can turn up at the drags with the whole schebang lol
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

troppo wrote:You do realise that if you build a trailer for it that your going to HAVE to build a tow vehicle.
Then you can turn up at the drags with the whole schebang lol
ive already got the tow vehicile lol
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

well next thursday we will be shooting a film of the car for tv . the day after operation day lol ive got this car ill be taking the front piece including half of the chassie and fuel tank and adding them to the jet car that way the steering will be stronger and better ill be changing the wheels to 1/8 motorcycle aluminium rims plus slicks should be 100% stronger here s some pictures
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

well today i went to rc aeroplane open day while i was there i talked to ali one of the best jet flyers in the world hes the owner of als hobbies shops in uk i told him i was having problems with jet car range he said that i have got a park flyer receiver that is not good for long range so i said what do you suggest ? he said i need a ar 7000 receiver that has two recivers in one one is the normal receiver the other one is a small satelite receiver that hooks up to the receiver as you can see in the picture that way i should have better range ill be testing it soon heres the picture of the receiver i bought
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

i received aluminium wheels and bearings there nice no wobbling now tont hey ;D
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

well you run the car and learn steering had big problems front wheels big problems so i am modifing the car here s a picture of new steering and new wheels they shine
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

well yesterday the jet car hit a gokart curb and flew while we taking a film of the car for a tv program somethings got twisted . today i changed alot of things added suspension smoke tank aluminium wheels aluminium stand for servoes and more ill be doing more modifications to the car
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

well i received the tyres today they look great on the car especially the shiny wheels