Chassis plans/front axle

Looking for a hard to find part? Ask here, you never know!!
jocool05

Chassis plans/front axle

Post by jocool05 »

Hi from Australia. I recently purchased a 1/4 scale quick change diff/drive shaft/axle combination. I want to have a go at building a chassis for it in a vintage style sprint car theme, however need help with measurements etc. I currently have a plate chassis sprint car, but I wanted to build in tube. It will be for use on the track, not a shelf queen.
I am also after a front axle for a sprint car, with everything including the front hubs, but not the wheels. I have Bishop rims and tyres.
Sprint car parts are very hard to get here in Australia, none of the people who make the cars/parts here seem to want to sell their products to anybody, and at the risk of offending people in the USA, neither do the manufacturers there.
Can anybody help please.
Thanks in advance, John.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Re: Chassis plans/front axle

Post by bobjeffreson »

John,
Welcome to QSL. Where are you in Australia? I'm in Forest Lodge, an inner suburb of Sydney and will help you in any way I can. Been involved with 1/4 scale sprinters for 18 years.
If you want to call me....0409 122 577
Be well,
Bob Jeffreson
jocool05

Re: Chassis plans/front axle

Post by jocool05 »

Hi Bob. I'm in Bundaberg, QLD. I have a Demon chassis that I am currently slowly putting together. I also picked up a 1/4 scale Rimmer diff from Ebay that I wish to put into an old school type car for show and go, not for racing. Will message you or call you with further details.