Economic Plan

General hang out to post about our lives!
K
Legacy Member

Economic Plan

Post by K »

Guys: I usually keep my nose out of US domestic issues, but some amongst us may be amused at the following plan:

This is from an article (reportedly) in the St. Petersburg Times Newspaper on Sunday. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think this guy nailed it. Now does it get any easier???

Dear Mr. President:

Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force.

Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new American CAR. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that! If more money is needed, have all members of Congress and the Senate pay their taxes.

Now back to minding my own business. Kevin
guyeh
Legacy Member

Re: Economic Plan

Post by guyeh »

Hello Kevin.....That is actually a mind game that sounds good.. Take 40 million people and multiply by 1 million dollars and see what you get if your calculator goes high enough.
40,000,000 people
X $ 1,000,000.00

Is that 40 trillion dollars ? :o
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

guyeh wrote:Hello Kevin.....That is actually a mind game that sounds good..
Is that 40 trillion dollars ? :o
Yes I know, it's only a joke .... if it was that simple it would have been done already!

Personally I believe the American economy has proven to be extremely resilient on many occasions; I'm convinced that it will recover nicely this time around as well. You guys are great at coming up with ideas that spawn new industries which in turn create new jobs that no one ever imagined in their wildest dreams :)

Kevin
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

kevin wrote:
guyeh wrote:
Personally I believe the American economy has proven to be extremely resilient on many occasions; I'm convinced that it will recover nicely this time around as well. You guys are great at coming up with ideas that spawn new industries which in turn create new jobs that no one ever imagined in their wildest dreams :)

Kevin
Now, dont go overboard kevin... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/user/10000Pennie ... 0lkobYY0Hc
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

YES WE CAN (become a third world country).