Newly acquired raco jac rabbit questions and pics

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
bpulley

Newly acquired raco jac rabbit questions and pics

Post by bpulley »

When I was growing up there was one car I dreamed about and lusted over. I only saw it in the back of rc magazines and never in person. The Raco Jac-Rabbit. Well it took me 45 years but I just picked one up for a killer price.

It appears to all be there other than receiver, battery and throttle linkage. Motor has compression.

I do have a couple of questions. As you can see 8n the pictures there appears to be anfeon suspension brace I've never seen before. It looks like a great addition but does anyone know if it was aftermarket or Homebrew?

Also, where does the battery pack and receiver normally fit 8n?

Under the air intake there is a little box which I am assuming is ground for the chassis, it looks like a switch box but there is no switch. See pictures.

Anyone know anything about this exaust? Never seen it either.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Re: Newly acquired raco jac rabbit questions and pics

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, I have the battery between the pull cord and the fuel tank. I use velcro to hold it in place, The little box is the ignition module. I can't reply on the exhaust or the brace, No pics.
aaron7

Re: Newly acquired raco jac rabbit questions and pics

Post by aaron7 »

I have all the manuals and a couple restored cars if you need any photos to help! The Jac-Rabbit is an awesome car, you'll have a lot of fun with it!