26 years later.. opened the shed

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
steve g
1/4 scale guru

26 years later.. opened the shed

Post by steve g »

hello,
My name is Steve and this is my first time posting here.
Back in the late 80 through 1991 my Father and I raced on the west coast. He ran outlaw sprints and I ran In an Entry level grand national class.
1991 was the last season we raced and all the cars were sold off but we kept my first (and fovourite) Raco grand national and he kept his best sprint car.
The cars were put in a shed along with tons of extra parts and about 10 1/10th scale electric cars.
Unfortunately my dad passed a few months ago and after about 26 years of the shed never being opened i finally walked back in.
Now i have tons of memories of racing, lots of pics, but as time has passed things are becoming harder to remember correctly.

My goal is to restore the RACO and his sprint car to the 1990 season .
The difficult part im having with the sprint car is he had modified so many cars through the racing seasons i cant remember what car this is... i know we had several Deleras and quite a few Alves belt drive cars. He used to modify the cars to his liking with no concern of them being collectibles... his fun was racing. I know he was happiest with the Alves belt drive cars handling but later went to a skellenger rear, then went to Delara cars... then started mix matching to the point he started building his own frames and bodies.

I have no interest in restoring his car back to whatever is was when it was new.. i just am trying to figure out what im starting with....
Here is a pic of the car 26 years later when i pilled it from the shed... i will post more pics later too. https://imgur.com/a/eZu2tUF Hope the pic works.
rc garage berlin
1/4 scale guru

Re: 26 years later.. opened the shed

Post by rc garage berlin »

Hi Steve,

welcome to this Forum. I am looking Forward to what comes next.
If you need help with restoring you will find the right peopel here...

Michael
steve g
1/4 scale guru

Post by steve g »

is there a better way i can post pics?
aaron7

Post by aaron7 »

How's the cleanout going! Sorry to hear about your dad, but cool you guys had a hobby to share like that. Love to see more pics of that Raco!
steve g
1/4 scale guru

Post by steve g »

aaron7 wrote:How's the cleanout going! Sorry to hear about your dad, but cool you guys had a hobby to share like that. Love to see more pics of that Raco!
The same car, i just changed bodies every season
Attachments
the first year i raced
the first year i raced
when i pulled all the R/C cars from the shed
when i pulled all the R/C cars from the shed
me about 27 years ago
me about 27 years ago