Collection to be sold

Post all your 1/4 scale items for sale or trade here.
smith.87

Collection to be sold

Post by smith.87 »

I will be listing my collection over the next few months. I am not doing a fire sale as some of the cars are more valuable than others. In the interim if anyone has an interest in a specific one, let me know and I can send you details.
Robert
smith.87@sbcglobal.net
Attachments
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
smith.87

Re: Collection to be sold

Post by smith.87 »

note to all that have sent emails. I will answer as soon as I can, been busy today. I will send pics etc but give me a little while.
Thanks,
Robert
rcspeedpro

Post by rcspeedpro »

Thank you Robert!
Jay Van Battum
(909) 912-2794
rcspeedpro@gmail.com
njtradingco

Post by njtradingco »

Thank You, Chris 973-945-0123 cjschiedlo@hotmail.com
Bikerbuz

Re: Collection to be sold "CAUTION"

Post by Bikerbuz »

Just want to give You all a heads up. Don't expect this seller (Robert Smith) to keep what he promises.
We struck a deal on one of the '34 Fords last Thursday and agreed that he would get a quote on shipping and that I would pay for everything when he got back to me in a few days. When I didn't hear anything over the weekend I sent him an email today and got a very short reply that he had already sold both '34 Fords to someone else without even letting me know.
smith.87

Post by smith.87 »

Sorry Bo is so upset. I have had lots of emails and there were several that came in about the 34 Fords. Someone contacted me just before Bo did and then he sent payment for both even before I could figure out how to ship to Sweden. For all of you that have asked for prices, I am trying to answer in the order I received emails and whoever pays first will get the car. I am not Amazon, sorry.

Thanks,
Robert
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Take a few photos of each car that you definitely want to sell and post it separately with a price, 1st one to call dibs and pays gets the car, very simple and purely my opinion.
chevy82truck

Post by chevy82truck »

Emilio
I recall calling dibs and agreeing on a price for your yankee 905 some time ago. As I was at work and not at a computer all day you sold it to someone else even though we agreed on a price. In my book that is a deal. I too believe in making a deal and sticking to it. I wish we all could do that. Super bummed about it. Oh well. Happy collecting.
Brendon
Bikerbuz

Post by Bikerbuz »

Robert
Of course I'm upset! You told me in our first contact that You only needed to check shipping. Not a word about anyone else having dibs. If You had actually another buyer at that time, that makes it just as dishonest as far as I'm concerned. To both him and me.

Or maybe the other buyer is clairvoyant.
To know out of the blue how and where to send the payment before You "could figure out how to ship to Sweden" is truly a fantastic achievement. Unless You let him know in advance.
Which then makes Your excuse about why You didn't contact me completely bogus.
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Post by 63350vette »

I hate to say it, (and hate even more to pay the 10% plus 4% to Paypal!) but that's why I end up selling 99.5% of my hobby items on E-Bay.

Way too much BS and lack of two basic concepts here, Honesty and Integrity!
I too believe that the only thing a person is good for is HIS or HER WORD!

We tend to get caught up in this materialistic and superficial society that is shoved down our throats everywhere we turn today!!!

Let's get back to the basics!!!!

Chris Conway
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

chevy82truck wrote:Emilio
I recall calling dibs and agreeing on a price for your yankee 905 some time ago. As I was at work and not at a computer all day you sold it to someone else even though we agreed on a price. In my book that is a deal. I too believe in making a deal and sticking to it. I wish we all could do that. Super bummed about it. Oh well. Happy collecting.
Brendon
Brendon I believe it was more than a day waiting for an answer, but let's not make this a burning bridge, because I too might sell all my stuff,who knows you may be interested?
oldguy

Post by oldguy »

I have been in contact with Robert and he has been very nice to deal with. I could just imagine how many emails this man has got on all these cars you guys want. if there is something I wanted bad enough I would have just paid for it and dealt with the shipping or made my offer to include it to make sure I got it. there is a lot of people emailing Robert so there is bound to be a mistake or to. Look at what he has offered us to buy. yes maybe he could have done it another why but it is what it is cut the man some slack this is just my 2 cents get what you can and in joy it.
Bikerbuz

Post by Bikerbuz »

Well, as I said in my first post, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about my experience and caution others to be aware of what happened.

I have been looking for one of these cars in decent shape and at a reasonable price for years, so when this went south in this way I naturally got very disappointed.

What got me really frustrated wasn't the broken deal as much as Robert's claim that someone else beat me to it. I believe not mentioning that or giving me the option to pay up front right then and there , but instead sending me more pictures of the car and telling me to hold off while he checked shipping options, says that he infact either didn't have another buyer at that time or simply didn't want the hastle of shipping it to Sweden.
An answer at that time with any of the two reasons would have been more honest and acceptable.

Well, this is the end of this for me as I don't want to "burn" him here, but rather have him take a different approach in future dealings, so other buyers can have a better experience whether the deal goes through or not.
anytimerc

Post by anytimerc »

All prices must be listed ! Back door buying deals leads to confusion like this. List the items for sales and prices or move on to somewhere else to peddle your stuff your way! Rules are to be followed to give members and buyers a fair chance.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

smith.87

Please follow the forum rules and post pics and prices.