Replicaengines 1/4 scale offy

Post all your 1/4 scale items for sale or trade here.
Shelby

Re: Replicaengines 1/4 scale offy

Post by Shelby »

You're right, I am missing out on a great item. I would rather have the motor than the money but it's been 4 months and I don't have either. I'm tired of waiting and he stopped responding. He said it was sent on 8/9 but that was not true and he has not responded to my emails since then; only responding now that I posted about my experience here. Yes, I was kept in the loop initially as he was looking for all of the parts but I would say that not responding to my emails over the last month would indicate not keeping me in the loop. I was very patient...it's been 4 months. I sent additional emails on 8/28 and 9/5 asking when it would be shipped and requested a tracking number so I could then follow up with the $443 for shipping and chassis. No response. For the record, he never shared his phone number and I have never spoken with him on the phone. I have purchased hundreds of items from individuals over the Internet without these kind of issues. Others may have had a great transaction with him but that is not the case here. Just wanted to give fair warning so others do not go through the same thing.
anytimerc

Post by anytimerc »

jayhurrikane wrote:im done enjoy yourselves!
ReaLLY??? :lol:
oldschoolmidget
1/4 scale guru

Post by oldschoolmidget »

Hello Jay,

Have you and Shelby worked out this misunderstanding. Shelby still wants the engine. A few times I have sent good money and have waited a long time to see something shipped. Not a good feeling. So I understand how Shelby feels. I hope you two work it out.

Anthony
Shelby

Post by Shelby »

Update: Jay and I had several conversations on the phone. He followed through with the sale and mailed out the engine. It arrived in the mail yesterday. Lesson learned? Just make sure you exchange phone numbers as a second form of contact because we all probably get so many emails that you can miss one or two. Jay is juggling a lot these days so it took a while but once we got reconnected it all worked out. So, thanks to Jay for working with me to sort out the communication issues and completing the sale.
R. Shelby
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

Glad this all got sorted out because Jay is known to us as an outstanding 1/4 scale fellow; although he is in reality 1/1 scale!