Yankee F1 custom decals

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Re: Yankee F1 custom decals

Post by Emilio »

Also Kaye, what kind of space do you have? this means a lot when trying to paint or fabricate on any level. When we purchased our house I knew I wanted a large working shop. here I can preform any type of job small or large on 1/4 scales or 1 to 1. I'm not braging but just answering your question on how projects get done quickly. Purely my opinion
Attachments
20181006_094340.jpg
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

Emilio:

I just love your large workshop, I'm sure you spend many happy hours in there.

I'm using a third bedroom as a hobby room, it's big enough for me. I have a decent sized work surface, plenty of in room storage, and sufficient shelf space to display 12 1/4 scale cars. I also have a bench top drill press in there. Recently I've been gradually decluttering the room (you know how stuff can just pile up!) in an effort to make room for a Sherline milling machine and tooling. The idea is to ditch the drill press and replace it with a properly enclosed milling machine. After I've bought and installed the milling machine I plan to buy a Sherline lathe which will be properly enclosed on a moveable cart.

As far as painting goes, I still have to figure this out. When I had the house it was not an issue, just something to do in the garage. Since selling up and buying a condo, painting has become a major irritant, so I haven't done any. I think the solution for painting a 1/4 scale body would be to protect all room surfaces (using plastic drop sheets) and paint with an air brush.

Model wise, I've recently been focussing on my DWA RAM. I'm working my way through the chassis to remove years of accumulated encrusted dirt. I'm half way through the chassis plates and the front end including shock absorbers (which I disassembled / reassembled). I'm trying hard to focus on this model and not get distracted by something else.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Kaye would love to see your set up and hope you get the equipment you are talking about, sounds very interesting. Yes I spend countless hours in my cave :wink:
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

Emilio: When it's all set up I'll share pictures.
chevy82truck

Post by chevy82truck »

Where did you get the decals? I am looking to finish a couple of yankee f1 cars but am in the dark about finding decals. I found a gentleman in Italy who may paint a body I have. Nicola paint. He does some really nice paint jobs. He has never done a 1/4 scale abs body though. Thanks
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Chevy I use this website https://www.letteringonthecheap.com/#/ they have a lot of different options to choose from and very intuitive. Best thing is to measure exactly the areas you want the decals before hand. Check it out.