Gilmer midget

Post all your 1/4 scale items for sale or trade here.
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Gilmer midget

Post by Bobby Dodger »

Offering one of my Gilmer midgets for sale. This is a Kawasaki-powered direct chain drive car built by Jan Gilmer, serial No. 122 KAW. It is push-start, no pull handle. It is shown with Delara wheels from Cindy Texiera, BRP tires and First Quarter Racing hubs and knockoffs from Ed Berube. Also has the original polished wheels, Goodyear tires and hubs with which it came from Gilmer. Never been started. Turns over nicely. It does not have any radio control equipment installed, it is just as it came from Jan.

I paid Jan $4,500 for it in June 2012, and added the wheels, hubs and tires later. I have the original documentation from Jan, plus his notes on engine and setup, and the box in which I received it from Jan; all go with the car. I don’t know what these are going for these days, but I'm offering it for $4300 with both sets of wheels/tires/hubs or $4000 with only the original wheels/hubs/tires. In the photo with two cars, it’s the one in front. Shipping on your nickel.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Re: Gilmer midget

Post by Emilio »

I love this one, this is the only Glimer I've ever seen with a Kawasaki engine and is a true push start. Love the tires and wheels! someone is going to be very happy with this one. What a beast.
fab

Post by fab »

yes that is one beautiful setup , if you decide to split it up I would be interested in the second set of wheels. good luck with the sale
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

Make an offer guys. I promise you won't be disappointed in the car. If no reasonable offers soon, I will post it on ebay and let the market decide what it's worth (at least those who see it).
Dry Modeler

Post by Dry Modeler »

Sent you a PM.
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

DM, check your inbox.
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru