Australian V8 Engines

Post anything here that has to do with 1/4 scale engines and tuning.
homestead_j

Australian V8 Engines

Post by homestead_j »

I recently purchased a V8 engine that looks very similar to a Conley on eBay. I'm still waiting for it to clear customs right now and very excited to receive it. does anybody have any experience with these and know how well they work? the sellers name is "gmozidirect". looks to have good feedback and his engines look top notch! does anybody know if this is the person that bought conleyprecision?
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Australian V8 Engines

Post by Mike Casey »

His stuff is better then conleys stuff and it’s interchangeable. He did not buy Conley. He was simply fed up with the lack of available parts and decided to start making them himself!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
homestead_j

Post by homestead_j »

That’s great to know that he’s making them even better than Conley! Didn’t cost a fortune either compared to a Conley for a v8 with supercharger! The guy seems much more friendly and helpful than Conley too! Dealt with Conley 5 or 6 years ago and didn’t have the best experience to say the least.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Exactly. He is a great guy. You will love your engine!!
homestead_j

Post by homestead_j »

Just now got it in the mail a few minutes ago and unpacked it! It’s beautiful! Like a fine Swiss watch! Was packed very well too! I’ll take a bunch of photos and post them up later here. Gary (not conley) said he was going to make another batch of test stands. I definitely want to get one or find a nice quarter scale car to put this in.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Whoop! Awesome! Best part is you can act they parts now. He is a great dude with realistic prices.
homestead_j

Post by homestead_j »

Here are some of the shots from EBay but I’ll take some of my own as well later. So excited to run this thing! He’s got 2 other engines up on eBay now. One supercharged and one not supercharged.
Attachments
81C20E75-63D3-47E2-8C40-A93D87A7CE8A.jpeg
89007986-77CD-455D-B220-22A3143C5924.jpeg
2B45856A-DCA8-4544-9D7C-29563F7EFFC5.jpeg
specialk1

Post by specialk1 »

yea gary is a good guy . have some of his stuff . top noch . parts are interchangeable to the conley v8 gen 1-3 i think, not the 427