Re: 1/4 scale wheels

Post by Liq75 »

I'll be in for 4 or 5 sets.
oldschoolmidget
1/4 scale guru

Post by oldschoolmidget »

Hello,
So far I count about 15-17 sets. That's 68 wheels!!!
iggmon72
1/4 scale guru

Post by iggmon72 »

I too would be in for a couple sets... Indy, truck and drag...
ricksrc

Post by ricksrc »

Hey Everyone,
I so much appreciate all the interest in resurrecting RICK'S R/C Wheels. With all the unrest and protesting settling down, I think that we're at the point where I can finally have a serious meeting with my machinist. Also, all of you have inspired me to broaden my re-involvement in this sport even more. I've got some Ideas with all of this that I've been keeping on the back burner. Give me about a week or two to finalize prices and availability with my machine shop and I'll get back to you with some solid numbers. It would be helpful to not only have the number of wheel sets that you all are requesting, but also style and size information. Most likely I'll start with the centerline and drag wheels with 1", 2", and 3" wheel halfs, unless your feedback indicates a different direction.
Anyway, thanks again for your interest. We'll talk again soon.

My Best to You All,

Rick
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I think 4" and 3" will always be winners. Not really picky on centers. They are all great!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
ricksrc

Post by ricksrc »

Thanks for the feedback Mike. I was thinking the same thing. I might add a few 3" rims for the drag racers. I'll have to check first to see what the cost is though.

Rick
Bigblock

Post by Bigblock »

Hello yes I would like a set 2" and 4" ...

Thankyou
oldschoolmidget
1/4 scale guru

21 sets so far. Do we have an up date.
ricksrc

Post by ricksrc »

Hi Everyone!
I hope that you're all doing well. I know that these are interesting times, but we just have to keep a positive view for the future. Fear not, doubt not, only believe! It's all good.
So... Updates! Just yesterday I had a very positive discussion with my machinist. He's going to work our order into his schedule although it may take a few weeks. That's OK, I'm just glad to have him do the work. He's just unbelievable. We're lucky to be working with him. We're going to use my original drawings for this new batch of wheels. (Yes, you heard right, DRAWINGS not digital programs. That's all we had way back then.) Anyway the drawings will be translated into digital programs so that they'll be exact replicas of the originals. We'll probably use 6061-T6 or 7075-T6 aluminum as was the case with the originals.
As a start we'll stick to the O/R and Drag style wheel centers with a choice of 1", 2" and 3" wheel halves, so you can make 2", 3", or 4" wheels with the additional option of a .4" deep offset wheel for Drag and Sprint cars rear wheels (using the 3" and 1" halves).
I'm going to need everyone's help with placing the order so I can accommodate everyone's specific needs. PLEASE LET ME KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED, CENTER STYLES AND WHEEL WIDTHS. This will be like placing your order but it won't be binding. This will only be for my information in placing the order so that I'll be able to get exactly what you need and want. The sooner that I receive your exact requests, the sooner I can compile the order. Once that’s done, I’ll finalize the estimated price per set and get that to you. You can then place a formal order if you still choose to do so.
Thanks again for your interest and patience. This is going to be fun!!

Kind Regards,
Rick - RICKS R/C
RicksRC@hotmail.com
Bigblock

Post by Bigblock »

Hello
I would like :
6x 1" halves
2 x 3" halves
Drag Style.
Thankyou
ricksrc

Post by ricksrc »

Got it! Thanks Big Block. I appreciate the feedback.
Rick
oldschoolmidget
1/4 scale guru

This is a great opportunity to buy Rick's wheels. I'm really looking forward to getting several sets of the Indy and Nascar style wheels. Not sure on the configuration yet. but, just because I can. I will still take a set each of the off road and drag wheels. Any idea on the pricing? Thank you once again Rick for this opportunity!!
Attachments
securedownload (1).jpg
DSCN2342.JPG
ricksrc

Post by ricksrc »

Hi Anthony,
Your truck looks KILLER!! Great job my friend.
You mentioned that you would be interested in a set of each (O/R and Drag). What width sizes would work for you Anthony?
Be Well, Rick
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

Hi Rick,

I would like a set of the off road Plus a spare. Total of 5 wheels please. Not sure of the size because I need to find appropriate tire size. This will be for a ST. If you know of tires, please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks