Daytona chassis

Looking for a hard to find part? Ask here, you never know!!
Helderluiss

Daytona chassis

Post by Helderluiss »

Hello everyone
I´m looking for someone who would be intereted on making a chassis for the 1:4 Daytona or has one willing to sell.
thanks
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Re: Daytona chassis

Post by Emilio »

You won't be able to buy one as far as I know, your options are fabricating. But you might be in luck with an alternate chassis. I'm in the process of putting together a Cobra (see photo) I think the cobra chassis might work but I wont know till I try it on my Daytona body. I will keep you informed on this post when I do. You can buy the chassis on ebay, click the link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224442222617?h ... Swbs1gK1NO
Attachments
exploded view of cobra 2.jpg
Helderluiss

Post by Helderluiss »

Hi Emilio

I thought that to, even if I have to cut it in the midle and add it to reach the length of the daytona, it is much easier than doing it from scratch.
I asked that to Gary but he could not answer since he does not have a Daytona chassis. I will wait for you answer. Thanks Emilio
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Okay here's what I think. As far as the wheel base goes this will work, as far as the rest, you'll need to extend the side rails to the body and I would do it without cutting or welding, just add sleeves with aluminum V-rails or L-rails depending how you see this. The roll cage to support the hood and roof area, again, can be made without cutting or welding and fabricated as a bolt on. Now onto the track or width of the wheels. The rear should be no problem and can be used with Gary's 4 link setup with shocks and springs and you can also adjust the wheel base if needed via the 4 link setup. As for the front, if you want to use Gary's caliper and rotor brake system as intended, you'll have no choice but to have the wheels tubbed in which looks unnatural for this body, but to each their own. You could however extend the front spindles to adjust the wheel track with a sleeve and possibly use the rotor and calipers ? If I had to do this all over I would have used Gary's chassis, there is tons of options to make it your own and look super fantastic. This is purely my opinion.
Attachments
coupe9.jpg
coupe8.jpg
coupe7.jpg
coupe6.jpg
coupe5.jpg
coupe4.jpg
coupe3.jpg
coupe2.jpg
coupe1.jpg
Last edited by Emilio on May 12th, 2021, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helderluiss

Post by Helderluiss »

Thank you Emilio.

I can see that you have put a lot of your time to help me on this.

It looks like this is the way. Already order the wheels from Gary, chassis will be next ;-)
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

No problem, the choice for me was to do as little as possible without molesting the chassis with just a few drilled and tap holes. If you wanted to go the full nine yards you could cut and widen the front suspension area. Just my 2 cents. Please post your project when you start.
Helderluiss

Post by Helderluiss »

Will do, as soon as I have all parts.

Thanks Emilio
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

This is what our forum is all about, model car enthusiasts helping each other out!
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

:) yep