ID this car

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
YSRRider

ID this car

Post by YSRRider »

can anyone tell what this is? looks to possibly be an older new era or WCM?
Attachments
image4 (1).jpeg
image3 (1).jpeg
image2 (1).jpeg
image1 (2) - Copy.jpeg
image1 (2) - Copy.jpeg (49.23 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
image1 (1) - Copy.jpeg
image0 (2).jpeg
image0 (2).jpeg (19.28 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
image0 (1).jpeg
image0 (1).jpeg (20.53 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
image0 - Copy.jpeg
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Re: ID this car

Post by Kaye »

YSRRider:

It's a WCM.

Kaye
steve g
1/4 scale guru

Post by steve g »

WCM .
From what I can see in the pic that car is the very end production of the first generation cars....
YSRRider

Post by YSRRider »

How do we know its a WCM? I contacted them and they said that its not but the guy I talked to was not there before the company changed hands. Whats a car like this worth?
steve g
1/4 scale guru

Post by steve g »

YSRRider wrote: November 28th, 2021, 1:16 pm How do we know its a WCM? I contacted them and they said that its not but the guy I talked to was not there before the company changed hands. Whats a car like this worth?
The WCM company is not what it used to be... I don’t think they know much about the real WCM cars produced back in the days.
Every thing about that car is WCM without second guessing.. not many 1/4 scale collectors out there and each collector has different preferences...
Prices are wacky as hell right now.... I saw a pristine Alves sprinter sell for $1200 and then a junk one sell for $720 ...
I purchased a wcm sprint in similar condition to yours (mine had stock wheels) for $1200 shipped to my door .
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

YSRRider wrote: November 28th, 2021, 1:16 pm How do we know its a WCM? I contacted them and they said that its not but the guy I talked to was not there before the company changed hands. Whats a car like this worth?
YSRRider:

Check this thread for the manual (download the pdf) and some photos.

http://www.quarterscalelegends.com/bb/v ... =20&t=4188

Kaye
steve g
1/4 scale guru

Post by steve g »

If you have a price in mind let us know....
amaya
1/4 scale guru

Post by amaya »

$1100 for the sprint car
YSRRider

Post by YSRRider »

This is not my car. It was offered to me in trade for my Raco Super Mod II which is a very rare car. Raco told me years ago that they only imported 2 or 3 of them to the US, others have said that was BS... I dont know, but I have only seen pictures of maybe 5 or 6 examples of the car. I also have an almost complete 2nd set of bodywork for it, the original pipe and a modified expansion chamber for it along with new in package spare parts. I need 1 servo mount for it.
steve g
1/4 scale guru

Post by steve g »

I would keep the raco ... WCM sprints are easy to get
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

YSRRider wrote: December 1st, 2021, 8:30 pm This is not my car. It was offered to me in trade for my Raco Super Mod II which is a very rare car.
YSRRider:

Keep the Raco Super Mod II, please post pictures of it, we'd all love to see it.

Kaye
sprintdog

Post by sprintdog »

Hi Guys
I agree, its WCM! Steve got it right it's the end production of the first- generation cars. I have two and raced against many.
However, the wing looks to be from something else or possibly homemade. The nerf bars are upside down need to be changed from one side to the other. I have the same manual instruction booklet as Kaye. Nice clean car. Sprintdog
YSRRider

Post by YSRRider »

Was told this might be a "Joe Alvez" Sprint car. Anyone familiar?
steve g
1/4 scale guru

Post by steve g »

YSRRider wrote: January 19th, 2022, 2:05 pm Was told this might be a "Joe Alvez" Sprint car. Anyone familiar?
Sorry it’s still a WCM.
Joe alves sprinters have specific features
Offset front torsion arms, fully circular bearing carriers for the rear axle, short side nerf bars with obviously larger diameter nerf and bumper tubes than wcm, Delara etc..dual cog belt drive system and billet aluminum cogs.
There is nothing about that car that is even remotely close to an alves car. Im surprised and equally concerned that anyone would call it an alves.