Who makes this wheel?

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Marleybone

Who makes this wheel?

Post by Marleybone »

Picked up a new era corvette and was given 2 of these wheels. Both have different back spacing.
Attachments
16649130130936508321979203257751.jpg
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Re: Who makes this wheel?

Post by Kaye »

I don't know, but they're extremely good!
Marleybone

Post by Marleybone »

Problem is have only 2. Need to find another pair or 1 factory wheel that is missing.
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

Marleybone:

I looked at the wheel picture again yesterday. They're six bolt wheels, so I would guess they were made during the years before 1/4 scale switched to the four bolt style. This would narrow down the search to early 1/4 scale manufacturers, such as the original WCM, New Era, etc., etc., plus the aftermarket manufacturers. I have thousands of pictures of 1/4 scale cars, so I'm looking through these for any clues.

Kaye
Marleybone

Post by Marleybone »

Thanks Kaye. The guy I bought the new era vette from said he bought and built the vette in the early 90's. Then he ordered the wheels after but only found 2. They also have a different back spacing. If anyone has a used factory smooth wheel I would only need 1 to have a full set. Maybe I'll try the for sale/wanted next.
ricksrc

Post by ricksrc »

Those are RICKS’RC wheels. I made them. Probably late 80’s or early 90’s

Rick Tebbs
Marleybone

Post by Marleybone »

Ok thanks for the info. Any way of tracking down a pair or should I stick with finding 1 factory wheel I'm missing?
ricksrc

Post by ricksrc »

Hey Marleybone, nice to meet you my brother .
The last run of wheels that RICK’S RC ran was in the early 90’s. As you an imagine they’re pretty scarce now. Even I have only one set of each style left. (Look under RICK’SRC manual in the “Manuals and Literature” section of this forum.)
I’ve tried a couple of times in the recent past to start production again, but life and some serious illnesses got in the way. I’m afraid that all I’ve done with these attempts is to irritate people 😬 That was never my intent. If I ever start up production again it will be very low key and under a different name and venue. Hang on to the wheels that you’ve got they’re probably worth more than you might guess. Mike Casey who also posts in this forum would be a great source to maybe locate more or sell them. Mike is a Super nice guy and knows more about the QuarterScale industry than anybody I know. You can trust this guy with anything.
Anyway, from one “Quarter Head” to another, I wish you well with whatever you decide to do.

Warm Regards,

Rick Tebbs
RICK’S RC
Marleybone

Post by Marleybone »

Very good Rick thank you for your help, much appreciated. Same to you sir. They are beautiful wheels by the way! Excellent machining work!

Gene Falzini
ricksrc

Post by ricksrc »

Gene, thank you so much for the compliment. I was fortunate enough to work with some master machinists and have some great mentors to help me. Of course hanging with the true giants in the industry since I lived near the center of where the sport began and having an enormous passion for the sport didn’t hurt either.
Take care,
Kind Regards, your fellow Quarter Head,
Rick