truggy vs. trucks

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
jackman

truggy vs. trucks

Post by jackman »

i'm getting everything togeather to start offroad prodject.the delema truggy or truck.what do you all think?with a truck you would have to have a body that looks like a manufacturers truck.and with a truggy you just need panels to cover the roll cage.
thanks mike
don't race it if you don't want someone or yourself to back you in the fence.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I now have stadium truck bodies available in fiberglass.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
PRD Racing

Post by PRD Racing »

Mike, I see one you have on ebay, but ebay isn't a place for typical shopping. I don't like to fight for something or overpay either. Do you have these for a preset price? I rarely get in on the ebay nightmare, too many idiots willing to pay ridiculous prices for stuff. Of course, I guess they will be the ones setting the market price anyway, lol. I doubt I will be able to buy one, but I would like a price.
Thanks!
Rob
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

truck bodies are going to run $175. I wish I could make them cheaper, but the time it takes to make one is quite long. The cost of the material is not so bad, but for sure a factor.
jackman

Post by jackman »

mike,i agree with the pricing on the bodies .the time materials are worth the money.my car when i built it cost $800 in materials.the truggys material cost is going to run in the $900 to $1050.the first two will take the most time due to making the jigs for the chassis.got the rear ends down.and then the set up time on the lathe and mill.
thanks mike for the page
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Setup takes a bunch of time, not only do you need to make tooling, but you need to design the parts and re-design them when they conflict with something else.
jackman

Post by jackman »

wow i guess ive been bust with 72 hours a week lately.so far i dont see any conflicts.ran all the front suspension throgh its travel cycle and it works quite well.rear travel is as equill.so far on paper and in accual parts is great but there will be something to get me bent.but we can just rework.