Pacesetter rearend question

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
greg

Pacesetter rearend question

Post by greg »

Hello, i'm new here and am picking up a members Pacesetters Funnycar and would like to ask afew questions.
first off how strong is the rearend of these cars? also are there parts out there that i could buy to have for back up's? i will be running this car and want to know all i can about these cars. is there any paperwork on these cars or ?? so i could down load or buy to have so i know what is inside of some of the parts without taking them apart.
as i would like to say someof you really all of you have some very nice cars!!!!!!
once i pick up the car i will get some video of it running and post for you all to see.
thanks greg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Greg, welcome.
What rear does your car have? Is it the wormgear one? Those were pretty good but had not gear selection for them. There really is not much to these cars as you will see when you get it.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
greg

Post by greg »

i was told they are called "silver dollar rear"??? but it is the Pacesetter Funnycar in the Black frame on the site. it is Yellow now and will post photos when i can.
thanks greg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Yea, thats the worm gear drive. Its a pretty good unit. But like I said, no gear changes can be done. You should be happy with the car, I think I know whos you got.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
p986driver

Post by p986driver »

Hi Greg, I also have a Pacesetter Funny Car and recently wsa able to obtain a copy of assembly instructions. I also have the geared rear on my car. I will be happy to scan my info and e-mail to you if you would like. I also promised to send Mike some "stuff" but I have been finishing my basement and not have time for much of anything (sorry Mike but I have not forgotten you-just have not had time). So Greg, let me know if you want the Pacesetter info. Also, will be interested in how your car runs as I have not had a chance to run mine yet.
Jack
greg

Post by greg »

WOW! that will be super!!!!
PLEASE,PLEASE!!! my e-mail address is: gkkoepp@cox.net also if you have anything else that you think i could use please send it.
also if anyone has or run's into any parts for my type of car please e-mail me.
thanks to all who read and help. also i will run this car and film it, good or bad i will post the results!! :lol:
greg